Cost of Building
Contractor guarantees to owner that the cost of erection, construction and completion of the building, including the cost of all work previously contracted for and/or completed or partially completed by contractor under the contract of _________[date], including the fixed fee of contractor, will not exceed the sum of $_____, which sum is referred to as "maximum guaranteed cost," and if the actual cost of the building, as defined above, inclusive of the fixed fee of contractor, exceeds the maximum guaranteed cost, contractor agrees to pay from its own funds all amounts in excess of the maximum guaranteed cost. It is agreed that in the maximum guaranteed cost of $_____, no provision has been made for the following items entering into construction:
1. Lighting fixtures as specified _________.
2. Finishing hardware as specified _________.
3. The cost of steel required and used in excess or _________ tons.
4. The cost of bonds, if any, furnished by subcontractors, excepting however _________.
5. The cost of ventilating as specified _________.
6. The cost of heating as specified _________.
7. The amount by which any subcontract let at the direction of the owner shall exceed the amount of any bid for the same work received by the contractor from a subcontractor, who shall be approved by the architects and whom the owner directs the contractor not to contract with.